Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Verb Card Game

After kindy, I also teach English to children aged from 6-12 years for 50 minute lessons. Each class has a textbook that usually briefly touches on a particular aspect of grammar, which I then try to create a game to review this learning in the future.

Recently we have been learning about past tense verbs/processes, mostly actions.
I originally intended the game to be played like Go Fish, with the students asking for the matching word (written in red on the bottom of the card).

I have also used them like a memory game and flashcards e.g students call out "walked" when I hold up the card 'walk'. I sometimes give a counter to the students who can say the correct word first and it becomes a competition.

The words I used are:
Push/pushed
Clean/cleaned
Pull/pulled
Watch/watched
Walk/walked
Jump/jumped
Play/played
Talk/talked
Laugh/laughed
Wait/waited
Cook/cooked
Kick/kicked
Climb/climbed
Wash/washed
Call/called
Hop/hopped
Skip/skipped
Cry/cried
Blow/blew
Eat/ate
See/saw
Sing/sang
Sit/Sat
Sleep/slept
Run/ran

No comments:

Post a Comment